The major aim here is to monitor the quality of the product as it is warehoused and store at point of sale. The information to be gathered will include
- storage times and conditions
- products co-stored As you get closer to the retailer, the supply chain becomes more complex, with different products sourced from many different business partners.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Task 7.1 Identification of role within business process: duration
The aim of this task is for each use case, identify the information which is important to the business process, both of the distribution centres and retailers.
Task 7.2 Identification of technology: duration
This task will identify ways of gathering that information, generally through a combination of sensor systems within the warehouses/retail units and RFID to identify batches of product.
- Enumeration of suitable technologies, standards and frequency bands.
- Enumeration of available chips, chipsets, development kits, and other hardware requirements.
- Analysis of possible accomplishment to EU directives on RF power emissions.
- Adequacy of database-readers interface in order to offer accurate real-time data of stocks, inventory, gate- in/gate-out times.
- Robustness of tags in the retailer receiving process (RFID scanners) reducing data-related errors between distribution centres and retail.
Task 7.3 Identification of demonstration sites
At least four distributors/retailers will be identified. Ideally, they will be companies with a role in the value chains of the products involved in the four demonstration products.
Task 7.4 Privacy Impact assessment
A Privacy Impact assessment will be made with respect to the pilots to identify whether the planned activity impacts privacy concerns..
Task 7.5 Deployment
This task will undertake instalment of equipment and software In the pilot sites, training of personnel from the sites and testing of the systems prior to the pilots going live.
Task 7.6 Evaluation
This task will monitor the operation of the pilots, assess the effectiveness of the equipment and systems and evaluate the impact on the business process of the distributors/retailers.